5 medium size
1/2 bunch small
4 pieces together
6 med. pieces
- Wash the rice well and steam it in the Rice Cooker
- Once done open the cooker and take the rice out in a flat platter and let it cool
- On the stove use a large hollow and wide pan and add ½ cup oil on medium heat and season the cinnamon and cloves very lightly and then add the onions frying them till it is golden brown in color.
- Then put in the tomatoes, ginger/garlic paste. Turmeric and salt and fry them on low heat well till the ingredients stick to the pan
- Switch off the heat and gradually add the already cooked and cooled rice to the pan with the fried ingredients and mix so all the ingredients are well blended in the rice
- Sprinkle the Cilantro on top and serve with meat gravy or egg gravy
- You can also serve with yogurt patchadi consisting of onions, tomatoes green chili and cilantro
- Thakali Sadham from Tamil Recipes is based on extract of tomato.
- It is white rice mixed with tomato gravy and seasoned with Tamil ingredients like mustard and urid dal.