- Plantain flower1
- Shredded coconut3 Tablespoons
- Curry leaf10
- Finely chopped green chili2
- Mustard seed1/2 Teaspoons
- Finely chopped shallot (sambar onion)9
- Salt to taste
- Oil2 Tablespoons
- Turmeric powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Fennel seed powder1/4 Teaspoons
Are you sea food lover? Then here is the Prawn Plantain Flower Poriyal Recipe which is tasty, healthy and goes will with chapatti, paratha, dosa and even with pulav or biryani. This is not regular prawn dish as it has plantain flower that adds more flavor to this dish and make your meal complete. Even kids love the flavor of this dish and prepare in very less time.
- To start with this tasty dish you have to first clean the prawn properly and keep it aside.
- Now clean the plantain flower and cut them into small pieces. If it has bitter taste to it then soak the cut pieces of plantain in water then strain the excess water and keep this also aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan, then add mustard seed, when seed stop cracking then add onion and sauté it till it gets golden brown.
- Now add split green chili, turmeric powder, fennel seed, curry leaves, and sauté this for some time.
- Now it is time to add prawn and add salt to taste and again mix it well.
- It is time to add plantain flower and sauté it and cook it till prawn and plantain gets cooked.
- Before removing from the flame add shredded coconut mix well and serve hot.
This side dish goes well with paratha, dosa or puri. It takes only one hour to prepare this incredible dish.