- Rice (Boiled or raw rice)2 Cups
- Moong Dhal (pasi parupu)1 and 1/2 Cups
- Ghee2 Teaspoons
- Cumin seed1/2 Teaspoons
- Whole black pepper10
- Salt and pepperAs per taste
- Clean and wash thoroughly the rice and dal.
- In a deep pan, boil them together in ¼ litre of water.
- When rice and dal are cooked, keep them aside. In a separate shallow pan, heat the ghee and stir fry cumin seeds and cashew nuts slightly and separately.
- Add it to the rice and dal.
- Add salt and pepper and serve hot
- Most common side dishes are the traditional cocunut or malli chutney and sambar.