- One Kudal with turkeyabout 1 lb (1/2 kg)
- Channa Dal (boiled)1/2 lb
- Cinnamon3 1/2 inch pieces
- Jeera powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric1 Teaspoons
- Ginger & Garlic paste1 Tablespoons
- Red Chili powder1 Teaspoons
- Salt2 Teaspoons
- oil1 Tablespoons
- In a cooker pour oil and saute cinnamon, cloves, jeera, turmeric, chili powder with salt. Add ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Cut the kudal in small pieces according to your style. ( I do about 1 inch pieces)
- After a few minutes of frying add the kudal to the cooker. Close the lid and put the weight on.
- After the whistle cook for 10 or 15 minutes. See after 10 minutes if it is cooked as per your preference
- Now add the channa dal and boil for two minutes without the lid
- Serve hot with rice
Tamil Recipes Pondy Kudal Kuzhambu is a special delicacy in Pondicherry. This requires an acquired taste. Once you like it you will fall in love with Mutton Kudal Kuzhambu. It is also called tripe.