- Mutton ribs / Nenjellumbu1 lbs
- Toor Dal250 gms
- Ginger & Garlic paste1 Teaspoons
- Onion1/2 Medium size
- Tomato1/2 medium size
- Cinnamon3 (1/2 inch) pieces
- Cloves3 pieces
- oil2 Tablespoons
- saltto taste
- In a cooker add oil and heat. Add Cinnamon and cloves,
- Cut onions into small pieces and add them to cooker and fry
- Now cut Tomato into small pieces and add them to the fry.
- Now add Garlic and ginger paste. Fry them all well
- Add the mutton ribs and fry them for a minute.
- Add the toor dal and close the lid
- Cook till you hear the whistle and let it go for about 15-20 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Serve hot with rice
Robert Fenn is an expert in Tamil Recipes
Nenjellumbu Kolambu from Tamil Recipes. This is the ribs of goat curry. Very similar to sambar but with a spicy twist.