Mysore Hot Chutney
Split Bengal gram (chana dal)
Split black gram (urad dal)
5 medium broken pieces
Tamarind pulp or paste
whole Pepper (mulu milagu)
Grated jaggery (gur)or brown sugar
Sesame seeds (til)
As per taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and roast the chana dal and urad dal till they become golden brown.
- Add the red chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tamarind, peppercorns, jaggery and coconut and fry for a while. Cool for some time.
- When cool, grind with salt to a smooth paste, adding a little water if needed.
- This chutney is used to make Mysore Dosa. A thin layer is spread on the inside of the dosa