- Split Bengal gram (chana dal)1/2 Cups
- Split black gram (urad dal)1 Tablespoons
- Red Chili5 medium broken pieces
- Tamarind pulp or paste1/2 Tablespoons
- whole Pepper (mulu milagu)1/2 Tablespoons
- Grated jaggery (gur)or brown sugar1 Tablespoons
- Grated coconut3/4 Cups
- Sesame seeds (til)2 Tablespoons
- Oil3 Tablespoons
- SaltAs per taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and roast the chana dal and urad dal till they become golden brown.
- Add the red chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tamarind, peppercorns, jaggery and coconut and fry for a while. Cool for some time.
- When cool, grind with salt to a smooth paste, adding a little water if needed.
- This chutney is used to make Mysore Dosa. A thin layer is spread on the inside of the dosa