- Mutton or Lamb1lb
- Vinegar1 Tablespoons
- Garlic5 pods
- Chilli Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder1 Teaspoons
- Ginger1 medium size
- Green chilies4 medium size
- Cilantro1/4 bunch
- Cumin seed1/2 Teaspoons
- SaltAs per taste
- Wash the mutton and soak in little vinegar for about ten minutes
Grind 1 onion, 1 tomato, 3 pods of garlic, ginger small piece and mustard into a thick paste
- In a large pan, add the remaining cut onion then add chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry well
- Add tomato and fry for sometime till the tomato is slightly fried, add the masala and fry well
Add mutton to this and fry well.
- Add water accordingly and cook the mutton or you can cook the mutton seperately in a cooker and ad dit now to this masala.
- You can add ome cumin seeds for flavor Before shutting the heat off add the vinegar and the cumin seeds and shut off the heat now. Serve hot with rice, idli, dosai, chappatis and paratas
Tamil Recipes Mutton Vindazhi is an excellent side dish with rice and sambar, rice and rasam and curd rice, briyani, fried rice. The lamb or goat mutton meat will make all the difference in taste and flavor for an Indian MUTTON VINDALOO recipe. Try to get the goat meat from the halal or mexican shops (they call it chevo). It is commonly known as "Kosher" meat.Believe me,goat is the closest to Indian mutton you will ever come to in USA!