- Mutton with bones2 lbs
- Onions4 medium finely chopped
- Tomato3 medium finely chopped
- Corinader powder3 Tablespoons
- Green Chili5 medium pieces
- Ginger/Garlic paste2 Teaspoons
- Turmeric powder2 Tablespoons
- Fennel powder1 Tablespoons
- Oil2 Tablespoons
- Ciantro Leavesr1/2 cup chopped
- saltto taste
- Cut mutton in small pieces. Wash and drain off water. Add turmeric powder, ginger/garlic paste and salt. Soak for about an hour
- Pour oil in a heated frying pan. Add fennel powder, 2 green chilis sliced and 1 onion sliced. Fry well.
- In a blender grind the 3 onions , 2 tomatoes , green 3 chilis (remainder after frying)and the coriander powder You can add a small bunch of cilantro too.
- In a pressure cooker add the soaked mutton and the fried ingredients
- Pour 6 cups of water and pressure cook. After the first steam cook for 5 minutes. Serve it hot.
Mutton Stew from Tamil recipes is based on green chilis and coriander. The color will be green, pretty much like korma but the taste is different. This recipe has red green chili but green chili only. It has less traditional curry different taste and is good with rice, idli, dosa, paratas and chappatis. Cocunut adds the stew flavor. Some people avoid cocunut for health reasons. Add the coconut at the end for part of the stew if you want, for those who can and will eat coconut curry. When you add coconut the color will turn to lighter green.