- Mutton with bones2lbs
- Onions2 medium finely chopped
- Jeera (cumin)4 Tablespoons
- Red Chili3 medium broken pieces
- Red powder1 Tablespoons
- Garlic paste2 Teaspoons
- Turmeric powder2 Tablespoons
- Fennel powder1 Tablespoons
- Oil3 Tablespoons
- saltto taste
- Cut mutton in small pieces. Wash and drain off water. Add turmeric powder, garlic paste, red chili powder and salt. Soak for about an hour
- Pour oil in a heated frying pan. Add fennel powder, red chilis and garlic paste. Fry well. Add onions to the pan and fry them lightly
- In a pressure cooker add the soaked mutton and the fried onion
- Pour 6 cups of water and pressure cook. After the first steam cook for 5 minutes. Serve it hot.
Mutton Seeraga Kozhambu tamil recipes is based on jeera powder and garlic. The color will be dark brown. This recipe has no green chili but red chili only. It has a different taste and is good with rice, idli, dosa, paratas and chappatis. Cocunut is an option. Some people avoid cocunut for health reasons. Add the coconut at the end for part of the curry if you want for those who can and will eat coconut curry. When you add coconut the color will turn to lighter brown.