- Chilli Powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Ginger/Garlic paste1 Teaspoons
- Ground Pepper2 Teaspoons
- Pepper & Saltto taste
- Cut the mutton into small ½ inch pieces and marinate it with chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt and leave it for one hour.
- Boil the mutton pieces in very little water till half cooked
- Pour oil in a frying pan.
- Add onions and fry till light brown
- Add the boiled mutton and fry in low heat mixing it often.
- Do not add any more water.
- Remove when it is very well fried
Tamil Recipes Mutton Pepper Fry is an excellent side dish with rice and sambar, rice and rasam and curd rice, briyani, fried rice.
The lamb or goat mutton meat will make all the difference in taste and flavor for an Indian MUTTON Pepper FRY recipe. Try to get the goat meat from the halal or mexican shops (they call it chevo). It is commonly known as "Kosher" meat.Believe me,goat is the closest to Indian mutton you will ever come to in USA!