- Mutton with bones1lb
- Chili Powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Ginger and Garlic paste1 Teaspoons
- mutton should be cut into small half inch pieces, marinate with chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt and leave it for an hour
- Pressure cook the mutton pieces in very little water till half cooked for about 5 minutes after whistle
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry till light brown
- Add tomato and fry well
- Add the mutton cooked already and fry in low heat mixing it often. Do not add any more water
- Turn off and serve when ready
Tamil recipes MUTTON FRY is an excellent side dish with rice and sambar, rice and rasam and curd rice, fried rice. Tamil MUTTON FRY is made of rib bones. Our family concept of eating chops is to extract the meat around the rib bones and if tender bite and chew on the ribs too!
The lamb or goat mutton meat will make all the difference in taste and flavor for an Indian MUTTON FRY recipe. Try to get the goat meat from the halal or mexican shops (they call it chevo). It is commonly known as "Kosher" meat.Believe me,goat is the closest to Indian mutton you will ever come to in USA!