- Ground mutton1lb
- Chilli Powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder1 Teaspoons
- Ginger/Garlic paste1 Teaspoons
- Green chilies3 medium size
- Cilantro1/4 bunch
- Garlic cut into fine tiny pieces4 medium size cloves
- Eggs2 large
- Pepper & Saltto taste
- Steam the potatoes in a pressure cooker with water on high for 5 mts.
- Take it out, peel them and mash it well with a big fork or a wooden spoon,
- In a wide sauce pan boil the ground mutton, ginger/garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric and salt in ¼ cup water.
- Cook on high till all the water has been absorbed. It should be really dry.
- Even a little bit of water in the meat will cause it to break when frying. Let it cool
- In another frying pan add 1 Tbsp of oil and fry very lightly the already cut onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic, and cilantro.
- Now add the potatoes and the fried ingredients to the boiled meat and mix well with your hand
- In a big hollow frying pan heat the oil on high.
- Start making small balls of the meat batter and flatten it about ½ inch thick on your palm
- Dip it into the beaten egg and deep fry.
- Reduce the heat to medium and after the first batch into low heat.
- Place it on a paper towel to drain the extra fat and serve it hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
Tamil Recipes mutton cutlet has breaded and non-breaded versions. Common in Tamilnadu is the non-breaded cutlet. Indian mutton cutlet recipe is excellent side dish for rice with sambar,rasam, curd