- Potato1 large size
- Mutton1/2 kg (1 lb)
- Turmeric powder1 Teaspoons
- Chili pdr1 Teaspoons
- Jeera (cumin) pdr2 Teaspoons
- coriander pdr1 Teaspoons
- Ginger-Garlic paste1 Tablespoons
- coconut ground, a big lime size.
- Small onions6
- curry leavesone prig
- cinnamon1 small 1 inch stick
- Fennel seeds (sombu)2 Teaspoons
- Tomato medium size 11 medium size
- Boil mutton with salt,turmeric,jeera, chilli and little coriander powders and ginger-garlic paste.
- Boil potato separately and keep aside
- Season with small oinions, curry leaves,cinnamon,cloves and sombu and tomatoes.
- Add the cooked mutton, potato and the cocanut into the seasoning and before bringing it down add 1 /2 teaspoon of lime juice.
This Tamil recipes is a special curry my mother made in Madurai for occasions like Christmas nad Easter and also for thotuka with idli for breakfast on Christmas morning after church. Tasty and spicy!