- Rice4 Cups
- Water8 Cups
- Green chillies6 slit medium size
- Oil1/2 Cups
- Salt1 Tablespoons
- Wash the rice well and steam it in the Rice Cooker reducing ½ a cup of water that you would normally add for regular white steamed rice
- Once done open the cooker and take the rice out in a flat platter and let it cool
- On the stove use a large hollow and wide pan and add ½ cup oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the onions frying them lightly till light brown
- Then add the tomato, green chillies and fry. Add the already cooked rice. Now add the eggs one by one and mix well till the eggs look scrambled. At this time switch off the heat and mix again
- Top it with the cilantro and serve with any meat gravy. If you desire you add two drops of soya sauce to give it a Chinese flavor
Muttai Sadham is one of the popular choices from Tamil recipes. It is really simple and easy to make EGG RICE. My family loves EGG RICE.
The type of rice is important. I recommend Basmati. It is the best for egg rice. It brings out the aroma and flavor of egg rice. You can smell the rice even before it's done a block away! Some important factors will determine the quality of EGG RICE you cook.