Milagu puzhi kozhambu
red chili powder
whole Black Pepper
Whole Red chili
A few Curry leaves
- Peel skin of onions. Cut into small pieces
- Cut tomato and green chili into small pieces
- In a frying pan add oil and heat it, add mustard and urid, wait till it pops
- Add the cut the onion, tomato, curry leaves and green chili to the pan
- Fry them for about 2 minute and add the whole peppers and pepper powder
- wait for a few minutes and then add water about a 1/2 cup
- Then add the coriander,cumin, turmeric powder and red chili and mix them well
- Cover the pan with a lid an cook for 5 minutes
- Serve hot as side dish for rice meals with ghee and chapatis or dosai
- This Tamil recipe is like a puli kuloambu but Major ingredient is pepper so it is hot and spicy with pepper not chili pepper but whole black pepper.
- It is delicious to mix ghee with white rice and this kulombu and eat hot!