- sugar2 Cups
- distilled white vinegar1 Cups
- mangoes (4 to 5), peeled and cut in 3/4-inch pieces6 Cups
- medium onion, chopped1 Cups
- golden raisins1/2 Cups
- crystallized ginger, finely chopped1/4 Cups
- garlic clove, minced1
- mustard seeds, whole1 Teaspoons
- red chili pepper flakes (hot)1/4 Teaspoons
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Pour into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace; close jars. Process in a water bath 15 minutes.
- Makes 6 (1/2 pint) jars