- Mutton2 lbs
- Onions2 medium finely chopped
- Tomato2 medium finely chopped
- Green Chili6 medium sliced
- Ginger/Garlic paste2 Teaspoons
- Coriander leaves1 bunch- chopped 1 cup
- Coriander powder2 Tablespoons
- Cumin Powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric powder2 Tablespoons
- fennel powder1 Tablespoons
- Oil3 Tbsp for each(for about 8 Dosas)
- Salt1 Tablespoons
- Cut mutton in small pieces. Drain off water. Add turmeric powder and salt. Soak for about an hour
- Pour oil in a heated frying pan. Add fennel powder and fry. Add the ginger/garlic paste, 2 chilis, onions and the tomatoes to the pan and fry them lightly
- In a blender grind coriander leaves, 3 green chilis and coriander powder together into a paste
- In a pressure cooker add the soaked mutton, ground paste and the fried onion and tomato
- Add the cinnamon and clove. Pour 6 cups of water and pressure cook. After the first steam cook for 5 minutes. Serve it hot.
Tamil Recipes Malli Mutton Kozhambu is based on coriander powder and leaves. THe color will be medium green. This recipe has no red chili but green chili only. IT has a different taste and is good with rice, idli, dosa, paratas and chappatis.
Coconut is an option. Some people avoid cocunut for health reasons. Add the coconut at the end for part of the curry if you want for those who can and will eat coconut curry. WHen add coconut the color will turn to light green.