- Ground beef1 lb
- Chili Powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder1 Teaspoons
- Ginger/Garlic paste1 Teaspoons
- Green chilies3 medium size
- Cilantro1/4 bunch
- Garlic cut into fine tiny pieces4 medium size cloves
- Pepper & SaltAs per taste
- Steam the potatoes in a pressure cooker with water on high for 5mts.
- Take it out, peel them and mash it well with a big fork or a wooden spoon. In a wide sauce pan boil the ground beef, ginger/garlic paste, chili powder, turmeric and salt in ¼ cup water.
- Cook on high till all the water has been absorbed. It should be really dry.
- Even a little bit of water in the meat will cause it to break when frying. Let it cool
- In another frying pan add 1 Tbsp of oil and fry very lightly the already cut onions, green chilies, ginger, garlic, and cilantro.
- Now add the potatoes and the fried ingredients to the boiled meat and mix well with your hand
- In a big hollow frying pan heat the oil on high.
- Start making small balls of the meat batter and flatten it about ½ inch thick on your palm
- Dip it into the beaten egg and deep fry.
- Reduce the heat to medium and after the first batch into low heat.
- Place it on a paper towel to drain the extra fat and serve it hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
This Madurai Beef Cutlet form Tamil recipes is a little different form other cutlets. We do not use bread crumbs but soak it in egg beat and fry them. They are not sweet like usual cutlets but very spicy and hot. Good combination for white rice meals
Indian beef cutlet recipe has breaded and non-breaded versions. Common in Tamil Nadu is the non-breaded cutlet. Indian beef cutlet recipe is excellent side dish for rice with sambar, rasam, curd.