- Onions1 chopped
- Ginger/ Garlic paste1 Tablespoons
- Cumin powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Chili powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric powder1/2 Teaspoons
- SaltAs per taste
- Pour oil in a frying pan
- Add onions and fry till light brown
- Add tomato, and ginger & garlic paste, cumin, chili, turmeric and salt. Now Fry well.
- Add 2 cups of water and close the lid and let it boil for at least 10mts on low heat
- Open the lid and break the egg one by one into the curry while it is boiling
- Switch off and serve hot with rice or chappathi
The Tamils make egg curry in a variety of ways. Our family's version of curry has two flavors, the red and green. The red curry is spicy and hot. The green or white korma is milder and different. This goes well with white rice, idli, dosa, iddyappam, aappam and bread. egg is one of our favorites, we make it at least once a month.