- Rice (Boiled/Idli rice)4 Cups
- Urad Dhall(Indian black lentil)1 and 1/2
- Fenugreek seed1 Teaspoons
- SaltAs per taste
- Wash the rice in water.Rinse and Soak rice and urad dhall(with fenugreek) seperately in water for 4 hours
- Grind the rice first
- Grind the urad dhall next
- Take a large bowl and mix them together. Add salt.
- Let it ferment over night. Check to see if it well fermented and raise to the brim.
- Take a flat frying pan with a minimum of 9 inches diameter. just sprinkle oil and spread it with a cloth or tissue paper
- Pour one big spoonful on to the pan and spread it thin in circular motion very lightly. Pour little bit of oil on the sides
- When you see it brown on the back, turn it over and pour a little bit of oil agin on this side. Take it out when it it is golden brown.
- You can also make soft dosa by not spreading it thin in circular motion, and not frying to a goldne brown.
- Dosas can be eaten with many side dishes and dips. Traditional sambar and chutney or any non-veg curry or sugar and ghee, idli mix with gingley oil.