- Chicken10-12 pieces
- Coriander Powder1 Teaspoons
- Cumin Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Fennil Powder1 Teaspoons
- Chilli Powder1 Teaspoons
- Oil1/4 Cups
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Ginger/Garlic paste1 Teaspoons
- SaltAs per taste
- Grind ¼ of the onions, tomato, coriander powder, chilli and cumin in the blender with very little water.
- Heat oil in medium heat
- Add fennel powder to the remaining 3/4 of the onions and fry till golden brown
- Add chicken and mix it well
- Add the ground ingredients in step 1 to the chicken now
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder
- Fry really well till the ingredients soak into the chicken
- Add 1 cup water and close the pan and let it cook on low heat until the chicken is cooked to your desired consistency
- The amount of water determines thick, medium or thin. Low burning will cook the chicken and the bones well
Indian Chicken Curry Recipe can also be called gravy recipe. You can have thick, medium or thin chicken curry. Chicken curry is an excellent side dish for rice, chappatis, paratas, idliy and dosai. Boneless and with bones will work for this, though our family loves it with bones. Bones add an extra spike to the flavor of chicken in general.
The amount of water determines thick, medium or thin. Low burning will cook the chicken and the bones well.
'Thanni kozhambu' Country free roaming chicken is the best for the thin, watery kind of curry. You can bite and chew the chicken bones. The 'thanni chicken kozhambu' a little watery curry with bones is eaten with white rice, idlis and iddyappam.