- Ingredients for rice base
- Rice1 Teaspoons
- Toor dal2 Teaspoons
- Coriander leaves2strands
- Cumin seeds1/2 Teaspoons
- coconut2 Teaspoonsgrated
- Tumeric powder1/4 Teaspoons
- gingervery small piece
- Green chilli4
- Ingredients for vegetable base
- Curd1 Cups
- Lime Juiceonly if curd is not sour enough
- Dry red chilli2
- okra6 to 8 cnt
- Oilfor tempering
- Saltto taste
- Mustard seeds1 Teaspoons
- Curry leave1strand
Butter milk curry is one of the most famous savory dishes. This dish mostly loved by the people of the southern part of India. It is taste best, with rice or Parotta. It is very tasty and can be serving as delicacy in every meal.
- Grind rice, toor dal, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, coconut, turmeric powder, ginger, green chilli.
- Now add the curd and grind it in a smooth paste.
- Now heat a pan add some oil, now add mustard seeds, curryleaves and dry red Chilly and wait till mustard seeds start cracking.
- Now add chopped tomato (it is optional).
- Now add okra/ladyfinger and sauté it for 3 minutes.
- Now add some water and let it cook for a while.
- When okra is cooked then add the rice/curd mixture in it.
- Add salt and sauté the mix for some time.
- Cook for sometime but do not boil the gravy any more.
- Serve hot buttermilk curry with rice, fried and spicy veggies, chapati.
- You can even make besan pakoda and add it in the buttermilk curry.
You can take any veggie you like than okra.