- ground mutton2lbs
- Onions1 medium finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Chili Powder1 Teaspoons
- Ginger/Garlic paste1 Tablespoons
- Salt1 Tablespoons
- Green chillies4 medium finely chopped
- Cilantro1 small bunch finely chopped
- Ginger1 small finely chopped
- Garlic3 pieces finely chopped
- Dhalia(pottu kadalai)1/2 Cups
- Oil1 Cups
- Take ¼ of the ground mutton and keep it separate. Boil the rest of the ground mutton with chilli powder salt, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder in very little water till ¾ cooked and there is absolutely no water left
- Grind the Dhalia into a fine powder and add to the cooked meat. In a small non stick frying pan fry the chopped onions, ginger garlic, cilantro and green chilles and add them also to the meat
- Mix all the ingredients adding the ¼ uncooked ground mutton with it. Grind these mixed ingredients in a food processor to a coarse consistency
- Take it out and start making small firm round balls. Take a large frying pan and pour the 1 cup of oil and let it heat on medium heat.
- Now deep fry the meat balls till light golden brown
- This whole process takes about 1 ½ hours but it is worth the time because you will enjoy this great family delicacy
This Tamil recipes Beef Urunda Kari Poriyal is a favorite of many in our family. We also made this into a curry and dropped these balls into them. They are good for snacks for drinks and also for white rice meals.
Indian Beef Meat Balls Fry recipe is an excellent side dish with rice and sambar, rice and rasam and curd rice, briyani, fried rice.