- Beef (Shank)1 lb
- Chili Powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Ginger and Garlic paste1 Teaspoons
- salt2 Teaspoons
- Cut beef into one inch pieces and marinate well with chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger /garlic paste and salt and leave it for a minimum half an hour. 4 or more hours are better
- In a pressure cooker add the beef pieces in 2 cups of water. Turn off heat to medium 5 minutes after the first whistle and turn off completely the heat after 5 minutes after that
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, stir fry just a little bit till light brown
- Add tomato and fry well
- Add the pressure cooked beef and stir in low heat to soak up the juice and masala. Do not add any more water
- Remove when it is moist and not too dry
- Serve hot for white rice meals or for snakcs
Beef Thakali Gravy from Tamil recipes is a Bombay preparation I learned form my friend. This is a good side dish for bread, chapatis and white rice meals with sambar or rasam or even curd rice.
Indian beef fry recipe is an excellent side dish with rice and sambar, rice and rasam and curd rice, briyani, fried rice. Tamil beef fry is made of shank beef pieces.