1 Kg small /pearl Onions
10 teaspoons coarse mustard powder
8 teaspoons aniseed powder
4 teaspoons cumin powder
2 teaspoons ground spices
3 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
7 teaspoons Salt (Namak) for onions
2 teaspoons Turmeric (Haldi)
Juice of 2 Lemons (Nimbu)
4 teaspoons amchoor
5 to 6 teaspoons Salt (Namak) for the masala
1 1/2 cups Oil (Tel) (for narrow bottle)
1 teaspoons Black Salt (Kala namak)
How to make onion pickle:
* Peel the brown layer from the onions.
* Slit into four, keeping intact at the base.
* Rub 7 teaspoons salt on the onions and keep for 4 hours overnight.
* Heat the oil till smoky and cool.
* Throw the water of the onions and wet all the ground ingredients with lemon juice and 1/4 cup of oil.
* Fill the masala in the onions and pack in a tall jar.
* Then pour the rest of the oil over them.
* Put 1 teaspoon salt on top and keep aside for 12 days and serve.