CAULIFLOWER, TURNIP AND CARROT PICKLE RECIPE
1/2 kg Turnips (Shalgam)
1/2 kg Carrots (Gajar)
1/2 kg Cauliflower (Phool gobi)
1 cup Oil (Tel)
2 teaspoons Turmeric (Haldi)
2 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
6 tsps ground Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
Salt (Namak) to taste
How to make cauliflower, turnip and carrot pickle :
* Clean and cut vegetables into big pieces and boil for 5 minutes.
* Put in a basket to drain well and then dry with a clean cloth.
* Mix ground mustard seeds, turmeric, Red chili pepper , salt and oil together into the boiled vegetables.
* Put in a clean jar and keep it in the sun for 4 days, shaking the pickle once or twice daily.
* Serve after 6 days.
* This pickle can be kept for 15 days.