Curry leaf, as we all know that good for health and if you can make a rice based dish with curry leaves then it is like cherry on the top. You can make curry leaf powder in a bulk and store it for the longer run. You can make curry leaf rice with leftover rice also.
- You have to start with cooking the basmati rice with turmeric and salt, keep the cooked rice aside.
- Now you have to prepare the curry leaves powder. Dry roast the garlic, peppercorns, dry red chillies, urad dal and coconut till it gets golden color.
- Now add curry leaves and keep it on low flame, till the curry leaves become crisp. Roasting process will take 12 minutes, now switch off the gas stove, and let it get cold.
- Now grind the roasted ingredients into a fine powder and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in wok, add sesame oil, add mustard seeds and asaefoetida.
- Now add the cooked rice and curry leaf powder, mix well and switch off the gas stove.